Thursday, November 7, 2013

Final #2: Six Monocular Depth Cues


The first two pictures show size difference. The building looks a lot smaller when standing a significant distance away.Once I get closer the building continues to get larger and larger. 










The second pair of pictures shows occlusion. Standing in front of the large building, I am unable to the see behind it. I have no way of finding out what is behind it unless I move to the side and am not occluding the building.









This pictures shows the shading the leaf. If you look at the one I highlighted with pink, you can see 2 different shades of green on the leaves. One is significantly darker than the other based on the positioning of the Moon and where the leaves sit.









If you look closely in the first picture, you can see the outlines of stone going up the building. The pieces of stone look a lot smaller when looking from a distance, similar to the size cue. Once I got closer the stone appeared to be bigger and doesn't seem as squished together as it does when looking farther away.












When looking at this picture, you can see the line of tile that I highlighted with pink. It continues to the point where you can no longer see it, making it a linear perspective. The tile vanishes in the distance.










The final picture is an atmospheric perspective. Looking at the shelf in front of me, I can see the waves in the wood, and the different shades from the position of the sun. In the distance I put an arrow next to a lamp. You can't even tell it is lamp because it is too far away, causing it to look extremely blurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment